ANNOUNCING: PAC-Designer 6.24
PAC-Designer 6.24 provides up to date support for Lattice Power, Platform and Clock Management products. PAC-Designer 6.24 is associated with Lattice Diamond 2.1 to incorporate advanced HDL design features. Installation of Lattice Diamond 2.1 is required before installation of PAC-Designer 6.24 to enable access to extended digital design features available for the Platform Manager family products.
PAC-Designer is a complete design and verification solution supporting platform management, power management and programmable clock device families. PAC-Designer is supported on Windows 7, Windows Vista (32-bit), and Windows XP operating systems.
Follow the steps below to Download and Install PAC-Designer. To download software from the Lattice Semiconductor web site, you must have a Lattice web site account. Before you begin downloading and installation, log-in or request a Lattice web site account. If you don't have an account, you will be prompted to create one.
The following table contains links to installation and usage documentation. More support documentation can be found by following links on the page to application notes, Reference Designs and Development kit support collateral.
PAC-Designer Support Documentation
|PAC-Designer Installation Notice: The installation notice describes in detail, the requirements for installing Lattice Diamond and PAC-Designer software. Download this notice first if complete, step by step installation instructions are desired.
||PAC-Designer Installation Notice, PAC-D_Install_Notice.PDF
|PAC-Designer Software User Manual: This is the detailed user manual on how to use and design with PAC-Designer. It is also available within the tool via Windows Help functionality.
||PAC-Designer Software User Manual, PAC-D_SW_Manual.pdf
Download Diamond 2.1 and PAC-Designer 6.24 Software Installation Files
|Diamond for Windows
||Lattice Diamond Downloads for Windows (XP, Vista 32-bit, 7 32-bit & 64-bit)
|PAC Designer 6.24
||PAC-Designer installer for Windows (XP, Vista 32-bit, 7 32-bit & 64-bit)
Install Lattice Diamond 2.1 and PAC-Designer 6.24 Software
- If a previous version of Lattice Diamond is not installed on your machine, you must first download, unzip and install Lattice Diamond as directed during the installation process. Download the installation notice above for more detailed, step by step instructions.
- If you already have a current version of Lattice Diamond installed on your machine, skip the next step and go directly to installing PAC-Designer below.
- Next, obtain a Diamond Free License (see below) and place the license.dat file in the specified directory. This is the minimum requirement other license options are available on the Diamond Software Downloads page.
- Finally, unzip and install the PAC-Designer in the recommended (default) location. Installation of PAC-Designer must be done after a successful installation of Lattice Diamond. This is to insure PAC-Designer is set up with access to the extended Lattice Diamond digital functionality. If you are already running a previous version of PAC-Designer, the installation program will remove it. At this time you must double-click on the installer executable again, and the new version will automatically be installed. In other words, if a previous version of PAC-Designer exists on your machine you will have to run the install program twice --once to remove the old version and once to install the current version.
Lattice Diamond Licensing
|Diamond Free License
||Use this link to request a Diamond free license which provides access to many popular Lattice devices such as the Platform Manager product family, MachXO2™ PLD family, MachXO™ PLD family, the LatticeXP2™ FPGA family and the LatticeECP2™ FPGA family at no cost. The Diamond free license also enables Synopsys Synplify Pro for Lattice synthesis and Aldec Lattice Edition II mixed language simulation features.
To create or open a PAC-Designer (.PAC) file, start PAC-Designer and either select "File -> New" to create a new design file, or use the "File -> Open" funtion to open and resume design on an existing design file. For more details on the operation and usage of PAC-Designer, refer to the user manual or select the internal HELP utility.
- Fully integrated design and simulation environment for Platform Manager, Power Manager II, and ispClock devices
- High level logic design mechanism
- Easy-to-use GUI
- For Platform Manager it works in conjuction with ispLEVER to form a complete CPLD/FPGA design environment
- Works with other Lattice software support tools such as IP Express
- Hierarchical design entry
- Pulldown menu for selecting clock signaling specification
- Simple navigation mechanism for configuring analog & digital functional blocks
- Schematic entry for internal connections and setting parametric circuit values
- High level design entry for flexible power management
- Design utilities
- I2C utility
- Trim margin utility
- Clock frequency synthesis
- Graphical skew editing
- Frequency calculators
- Export VHDL or Verilog HDL models to popular 3rd party HDL simulators
- Create your power management stimulus graphically
- Digital waveform simulation for easy design verification
- Simulate power supply rate
- Use Diamond Programmer (included in Lattice Diamond 2.0) to download your designs to silicon via a USB or Lattice ispDOWNLOAD Cable.
- Diamond Programmer programming support is included with Lattice Diamond. For products other than Platform Manager, PAC-Designer can be used directly to program Platform Manager, Power Manager II and ispClock devices.
Minimum System Requirements
- Pentium Compatible PC
- 1 GB of RAM (2 GB highly recommended)
- Mouse and mouse driver
- Windows 7, Windows Vista (32-bit) or XP
- IE version 5.X or later
- USB port for downloading designs