Many new applications such as augmented reality, depth perception and gesture recognition require multiple image sensor interfaces to connect to the application processor with minimal latency between frames. Lattice Crosslink can interface to multiple MIPI CSI-2 image sensors and aggregate data to a single CSI-2 output. Aggregation can be performed by stitching the image sensor frames together in a side by side configuration or arbitrating data packets based on virtual channel.
Lattice CrossLink is a programmable video interface bridging device capable of providing multiple MIPI CSI-2 interfaces at up to 6 Gbps per PHY. This bridge is available as free IP in Lattice Diamond for allowing easy configuration and setup.
- Supports MIPI CSI-2 inputs and outputs at up to 6 Gbps: 1, 2 or 4 Data Lanes
- Merges two of four MIPI CSI-2 inputs to one MIPI CSI-2 output
- GPIO provides mux control to switch between two sets of merged CSI-2 inputs
- Output data rate is 2x input data rate
- LR merge method – Combined or merged packets from both left and right channels to form a single packets for each pixel line
- VC merge method – Assigned a unique virtual channel ID for each channel, data will be sending alternately between channels. AP is responsible to perform the actual merging between channels
- Supports all CSI-2 data type: RAW, RGB, YUV
- Compliance with MIPI D-PHY Specification v1.1
- Compliance with CSI-2 Specification v1.1